An experienced and active investor and developer, the Capital Park Group has been present for over ten years on the Polish property market. Positioning itself as an opportunistic investor, the Group seeks out and seizes emerging market opportunities. The core business of the Group consists in acquiring property with significant value growth potential resulting from, for example, the introduction of amendments to zoning plans, obtaining building permits, construction of new or redevelopment of existing facilities, recommercialisation of existing buildings or improvement of their management.
The Capital Park Group combines out-of-the-box thinking and entrepreneurial spirit with an institutional approach to business and method of action typical of investment funds.The Capital Park Group combines out-of-the-box thinking and entrepreneurial spirit with an institutional approach to business and method of action typical of investment funds.
Capital Park derives income from lease and sale of properties and property- based investment products. It actively seeks opportunities to buy new property projects, as well as new sources of income and value growth in markets with strong growth potential. Since its inception in 2003, the Group has completed over 100 investment transactions and currently manages a property portfolio of 68 projects in 34 cities, with a total gross leasable area of around 271,000 square metres. Of these, 39 high-street retail properties are part of the newly-created Real Estate Income Assets FIZ AN, a closed-end investment fund of unprecedented structure on the Polish market, actively managed by the Group as a 15% shareholder.
As on 31th December 2016 the current value of the real estate portfolio managed by the group stood at PLN 2.1 billion. An on 31th December 2016, 84% of the Group’s portfolio current value was made up by real estate in Warsaw, or the largest and most promising commercial real estate markets in Poland.
Drawing on the entrepreneurial focus of its Founders as well as the experience and competence of its management team, combined with the European track record and best practices of the strategic investor, the Group has for many years been successfully seeking out and implementing unique property projects and applying innovative concepts related to property financing and development of property-based investment products.
- The proven business model of an investment company (with an approach typical of a private equity property fund), generating high risk-adjusted rates of return.
- Safe capital structure, a track record of raising both traditional and innovative financing from various sources, and secured funding for key projects.
- The Company’s founder – Jan Motz – has more than twenty years of experience under his belt on the Polish and American real estate market; an integrated and fully functional operating platform with highly qualified personnel and a committed management team – CP Management sp. z o.o.
- The Eurocentrum Office Complex, Royal Wilanów and ArtN – three unique commercial projects in Warsaw, which is undoubtedly the most attractive property market in Poland. Together, these three projects form an essential part of the Group’s portfolio and are expected to be a key factor in the Group’s value growth over the next 3 years.
- Attractive, diverse and balanced real estate portfolio with approx. 271 thousand sq. m of rental floorspace, valued at approx. PLN 2.1 billion (According to Valuation Report)
- Patron Capital Partners – the principal strategic investor, which provides expertise and information on best practices from other markets.
Jan Motz – President of the Management Board
- 30 years of experience on the real property market;
- Group’s co-founder and President of the Management Board of Capital Park S.A. since the moment of its creation;
- In the years 1997-2007, the founder and shareholder in Communication One Inc., including, among others, the company of Call Center Poland S.A. – the leader on the Polish market of call center services;
- Investor in many office buildings and simultaneous creator of management structures of these buildings;
- In the 90s, a shareholder in the group of Polish companies belonging to one of the leading marketing concerns in Europe: Euro RSCG;
- In the years 1988-1997, the co-owner of Real Management Inc. – a company investing on the real property market;
- In the years 1986-2001, the co-owner of the property developer company of Development Inc, realising a number of construction investments on the American market;
- Education: SGGW (Warsaw University of Life Sciences) in Warsaw
Marcin Juszczyk – Member of the Management Board
- 11 years of experience on the real property market;
- Member of the Management Board of Capital Park S.A. since the moment of its creation;
- since 2005, the investment director in the Capital Park Group;
- in the years 2004-2005, the chief financial officer in the Capital Park Group;
- in the years 2001-2006, the chief financial officer in Call Center Poland S.A. and the member of the management board in Contact Point Sp. z o.o. (companies from the Communication One group);
- in the years 1997-2001, the leader of projects in Normax Sp. z o.o. (belonging to an international advisory group of Hogart);
- in the years 1995-1997, a consultant in Agencja Doradztwa Gospodarczego AM Jesiołowscy (Business Consulting Agency);
- since 2005, a member of an international association of ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants);
- since 2010 using the title of FCCA;
- education: Cracow University of Economics; faculty: IT and Econometrics.
Kinga Nowakowska – Member of the Management Board, Operations Director
- from 1997 for 11 years she was the General Director of Call Center Poland, which, under her leadership, became one of the largest outsourcing, multi-language customer service centers in Eastern Europe. ;
- since 2007 she is Operations Director in the Capital Park Group;
- since 2009 she is also the General Director of the special purpose company ArtN Sp. z o.o., owned by the Capital Park Group, the purpose of which is to complete the prestigious, multi-purpose project consisting of revitalizing the former Norblin Factory in Warsaw.;
- Education: : Law Department at the Sorbonne, Paris, specializing in International Business Law..
The major driving force behind the Capital Park Group is the team created and managed by the Company’s Founder – Jan Motz, having more than twenty years of business experience on the US and Polish property markets. The team’s experience, competence, sector expertise, professionalism and commitment are the key factors underlying the Company’s growth and success.
The Capital Park Group team brings together highly qualified specialists with long-term experience in, and in-depth knowledge of the Polish property market, as well as the property development and investment sector. They represent various areas of expertise and have the knowledge necessary to seek out property projects, perform due diligence analyses of potential properties, secure sources of financing, obtain the required regulatory permits, develop conceptual, construction, and working designs, implement property development projects and carry out their commercialisation and management. Therefore, unlike many other players on the property market, the Group operates as an integrated and fully functional operational platform comprising the internal resources that ensure the implementation of investment processes on an end-to-end basis.
The team provides the skills necessary for the Group to effectively manage its operations even in a significant growth scenario, while maintaining the flexibility needed to take full advantage of the new developments and emerging opportunities on the property market.
Keith Breslauer – President of the Supervisory Board
- President of the Supervisory Board of Capital Park S.A. since July 2011;
- founder of Patron Capital Partners in 1999, Managing Director of Patron Capital Advisers LLP, Investment Advisor to Patron Capital Partners funds;
- many-year experience in business transactions in a total amount over 16 billion USD in many European countries and in the United States;
- founder of London-based Capstar Holdings Limited dealing with the acquisition of investments for the American real estate fund – Lone Star Opportunity Fund;
- starting from 1993 he created and managed the Principal Finance Group that invested Lehman Brothers funds in financial institutions and real estate companies and assets;
- in 1987-1993 he was involved in capital market transactions at Lehman Brothers;
- education: University of Chicago, Master of Business Administration (MBA) and New York University School of Business, Bachelor of Science (BSc);
Shane Law – Member of the Supervisory Board
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Capital Park S.A. since July 2011;
- since 2011 – Chief Operations Officer at Patron Capital Advisers LLP; dealing with corporate and capital investments of the Patron Capital Partners Group, due diligence studies, transaction structure, financing, asset management and implementation of business plans;
- in 2003-2011 – Chief Executive Officer at Patron Capital Partners;
- in 2000-2003 – Investment Broker and Mergers and Acquisitions Specialist at Commerzbank Securities;
- in 1997-2000 – Mergers and Acquisitions Manager at Svensk aHandelsbanken in the UK;
- in 1994-1997 – Accountant at Ernst & Young;
- since 1997 – member of the international ACCA association (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants);
- education: Durham University, Bachelor of Science (BSc).
Matthew Edward Utting – Member of the Supervisory Board
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Capital Park S.A. since December 2011;
- since 2000 – Investment Director at Patron Capital Advisers LLP; responsible for all projects carried out in Poland;
- in 1997 – 1999 held the post of Analyst at Bank of Montreal,Citibank andBank of Nova Scotia;
- education: University of Waterloo, Master of Arts (MA) in Economics and Honours Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Applied Economics;
Katarzyna Ishikawa – Member of the Supervisory Board
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Capital Park S.A. since 2012;
- Many-year experience in real estate and construction project transactions law, commercialisation of retail and office spaces;
- Since 2009 – partner at the Ishikawa, Brocławik, Sajna law firm;
- in 2004 – 2007 – an arbiter in proceedings before the Stock Exchange Court at the Warsaw Stock Exchange S.A.;
- in 2002 – 2007 – member of the Supervisory Board of Call Center Poland SA;
- since 2001 – an attorney within her own law firm;
- education: Law and Administration Faculty, Jagiellonian University; completed court and solicitor training;
Anna Frankowska – Member of the Supervisory Board
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Capital Park S.A. since September 30th 2013;
- Since 1996 – she has been with the law firm Weil, Gotshal & Manges, specialising in capital market transactions. She has participated in a number of public offerings of Polish companies, both in Poland and abroad, as an adviser to issuers, underwriters, and foreign investment houses, many of which involved the listing of shares both on the Warsaw Stock Exchange and the London Stock Exchange. She is also experienced in Eurobond issues.;
- In July 1991, she started working for a Chicago-based law firm, Altheimer & Gray, in the international transactions and companies department. In April 1994, she was employed at the Warsaw Altheimer & Gray office on a permanent basis.;
- In July 1990, Anna Frankowska passed the bar examination and was admitted to the Illinois State Bar Association. After graduation, she worked in the banking and finance department at Sidley & Austin, one of the leading US law firms.;
- education: St. Louis University (Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, 1987), University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana (Juris Doctor, 1990).;
Jacek Kseń – Member of the Supervisory Board
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Capital Park S.A. since September 30th 2013;
- Jacek Kseń has been involved with the financial markets for several decades. He has spent many years serving on the supervisory boards of such companies as Wydawnictwa Szkolne i Pedagogiczne S.A., Polimex-Mostostal S.A., and AmRest Holdings S.E., and is currently a supervisory board member of Sygnity S.A, NWAI Dom Maklerski S.A., ORBIS S.A. and Caspar Asset Management S.A. He is also the Polish operations adviser to a top private equity fund, Advent International.;
- In 1996, after his return to Poland, he became CEO of Wielkopolski Bank Kredytowy, and following the merger with Bank Zachodni – CEO of Bank Zachodni WBK (until 2007).;
- In 1978, he moved to France, initially working at Polska Kasa Opieki in Paris, and later for a number of French banks, including as Deputy Treasury Director at Lyonnaise de Banque in Paris and head of the dealing room at Crédit Agricole.;
- He began his professional career as a trader at Bank Handlowy.;
- education: Poznań University of Economics, Foreign Trade Department, and Higher School of Planning and Statistics in Warsaw (now the Warsaw School of Economics) (Ph.D. in international financial markets).;
The Group’s portfolio comprises 68 projects in 34 Polish cities, with a total gross leasable area of around 271,000 square metres, including:
• 58 completed projects that provide current rental income (including 39 high-street type retail real estates are part of the Real Estate Income Assets FIZ AN structures and 8 real estates are part of Real Estate Income Assets FIZ AN II)
• 2 projects in construction and
• 8 projects in preparation at different stages of realization
The Group’s overarching objective is to maximise shareholder value through organic growth, by ensuring effective implementation of its business plans for its existing project portfolio (particularly in Warsaw) and by purchasing new projects, given the growing importance of the Polish market in the world and the investment opportunities that it offers.
When market conditions become favourable, the Group will also seek to sell those of its completed projects which generate stable income but show limited development potential. Even so, the Group may retain some interests in such projects, as was the case with the Real Estate Income Assets FIZ AN fund, earning additional income by managing their operations.
The key assumption of our strategy is to maintain an attractive, diverse and balanced investment portfolio. Our portfolio includes projects from various segments of real property: office, retail, residential and multifunctional buildings throughout Poland. Our actions are also focused on the balance between projects generating a stable income and property developer investments with high potential of value growth.
The Group’s business strategy incorporates the following objectives:
• To complete and fully harness the potential of its ongoing projects;
• To optimise the potential of its current property portfolio and actively manage income-generating projects;
• To create added value by taking full advantage of other assets owned by the Group;
• To identify investment opportunities and implement new, attractive development projects.